Our bodies grow fast during puberty.
We all want to make full use of this golden period of time to grow taller fast.
The question most frequently asked is:
what’s the most important thing I should do to grow a few inches more.
The answer is: stretching exercises.
In fact, stretching exercises are so powerful that they can even help people after puberty grow 2-3 inches taller.
I have collected top 26 stretching exercises which can effectively boost human’s height and hope you can benefit from these exercellent exercises.
But first, let’s understand why stretching exercises can help people grow taller.
According to wikipedia, stretching exercises can deliberately flex or stretch a specific muscle or tendon in order to improve the muscle’s felt elasticity and achieve comfortable muscle tone. The result is we have more control of muscle.
Our height mainly comes from spine and legs where the bones are held together by cartilage. Stretching exercises can ailleviate the pressure of the cartilage between your vertebrae and thigh bones which lead to the cartilage thicken and make you grow taller.
Before I introduce my list, I want to declare something. Do stretching exercises safely. You’d better warm up your muscles before stretching. Betterhealth has wrote 10 tips for safe stretching, very helpful!
Now, I will introduce my complete list of top 26 stretching exercises to help you get taller.
- While sitting down, spread your legs far apart.
- Reach for your toes.
- Try to keep your knees as straight as possible.
- Now move into reaching for the toes on the other leg.
- Be sure to keep your spine straight and move from your hips.
- Do not arch the upper spine.
- This stretch works both your spine and legs. Each repetition should last between 6-15 seconds.
- Sit down on the floor with your legs straight.
- With your torso straight, place the palms of your hands on the floor next to your butt.
- Tuck your chin against your chest. Now bring your head back as far as it will go.
- While doing that, raise your body so that your knees bend while the arms stay straight. The torso and upper legs will be straight and horizontal to the floor. Your arms and lower legs will be perpendicular to the floor. You will be the shape of a table.
- This is another hard stretch for some. If you can’t do it right away, just do the best you can, eventually you will be able to do it with ease. Each repetition should last between 8-20 seconds.
3. Inversion Table Exercises [Tweet]
Video available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tib4JjqkjwI
By doing inversion table exercises, we can stretch out our back muscles to relieve tension and reduce or eliminate back pain. You need an inversion table to fullish this exercise. It works well to help people increase height.
4. Calf Stretch
In this video, BuiltLean teaches us how to measure and improve your calf flexibility to properly stretch and relieve tightness in your calves.
- Place both hands on the wall in front of you in a position comfortable enough where you can put weight onto those hands.
- Move one of your legs closer to the wall while keeping the remaining foot fully on the ground – don’t let it come up.
- If you don’t feel a stretch, move a bit farther away from the wall and try again.
- Standing up against a wall, reach your hands up as high as possible while getting onto your tip toes.
- Keep your spine flat against the wall as much as possible.
- Each repetition should last between 4-6 seconds.
- This stretch is harder than it looks because your spine is flat against the wall.
- Hands out to the side and what we’re going to do is extend the arms up, lifting our body up in the air.
- At the same time, really, really tightening our abdominals. So you’re going to get a nice abdominal stretch at the same time.
- And slow on the way back to that. And we do it again.
- Now one of these is something we’ll hold for about 10, 15, 20 seconds.
- And down. Back up again. Now that is the cobra stretch.
- Lie on your back with both shoulders and arms settled rigidly on the floor.
- Bend knees and move your feet closer to the buttocks.
- Curve your back and thrust your pelvis higher.
- Do the pose for 20 seconds.
- Repeat the steps. Yoga exercises can also be included in your routine to get a good result.
- Side kick in air not so high and so low about shoulder height and repeat as many times every day.
- The only challenge with this technique is it takes much longer to see results unless you are a kick boxer and it is part of your daily workout routine.
9. Achilles Tendon Stretch [Tweet]
Video available: Plantar Fasciitis/Achilles Tendinitis: Stretches To Do and Not To Do
- Sit in a chair with your leg extended and your heel on the floor. Your foot should be at about a 90-degree angle with your leg, if possible.
- Reach down and pull your big toe up toward you until you feel the pull. Never pull to the point of pain.
- Hold the stretch for about 20 seconds.
- Do a total of five of these stretches in each of five sessions every day.
- On your back with hands behind head.
- Bend one leg while extending the other above the floor.
- Raise your upper body.
- Simultaneously curl your shoulder and opposite bent knee into your body’s center.
- Alternate legs.
- Sit up tall with the soles of your feet pressed together and your knees dropped to the sides as far as they will comfortably go.
- Pull your abdominals gently inward and lean forward from your hips.
- Grasp your feet with your hands and carefully pull yourself a small way farther forward.
12. Tip Toe Walking Stretches [Tweet]
Video available: Foot Fitness Exercise Tips: Single Toe Flipper Stretch
- Stand upright with knees and heels touching; keep your arms at the sides.
- Raise arms forward and upwards.
- Raise your arms over your head with the palms facing outwards and the knuckles touching.
- Tip Toe as you raise your arm and stretch (inhale as you go along).
- “Pull” your body upwards as far as you can go while tip-toeing.
- Lower arms by bring it forward slowly back to original position as you lower you heels to the ground.
- Lie on the floor face down with palms on the floor under your shoulders.
- Begin to arch your spine up leading with your chin. Archas far back as possible.
- Each repetition should last between 5-30 seconds
- Start by taking a deep breath.
- As you exhale, use the muscles in your core to push your belly towards your spine, curving your back toward the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for a count of 10 before relaxing back into the original position.
- Repeat this maneuver another two to three times in order to achieve optimal results.
- Lie down on your stomach on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your back with fingers interlocked.
- Bend your body in a way that your head, shoulder and legs are all off the ground.
- Maintain the position and slowly rock your body forward and backwards for a few counts then relax.
- Repeat this rocking motion for 5 times.
- Stretch both arms out in front of you, with palms touching the floor.
- Raise right leg upwards without bending the knee.
- Hold position for 8 counts.
- Lower the leg slowly and repeat Step 7 for the other leg.
- Repeat Step 7 – 8 for 5 times.
- Lying down with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor as close to your butt as possible.
- Grab your ankles and hold onto them while you rise your hips up and arch your spine, lifting your abs towards the ceiling.
- Lift your abs as high as possible.
- Go back down. If you can’t hold onto your ankles, keep your arms to the side and use them to push yourself up.
- Each repetition should last between 3-10 seconds. This stretch may be hard to do at first, but be persistent even if you can’t do it completely right at first.
17. Bow Down Exercise [Tweet]
Video available: How To Do A Bow Down Stretch (Video) | LIVESTRONG.COM
- Stand with your hands on your hips.
- Keep your hands on your hips and bend forward as far as possible, leading with your head.
- Don’t bend your knees and keep your chin off your chest.
- Each repetition should last between 4-8 seconds.
- Lying on your stomach with your hands behind your neck, raise one of your legs as high as possible.
- Now repeat with the other leg.
- Keep your legs straight.
- Each repetition should last between 3-5 seconds.
19. Ankle Weights Exercise [Tweet]
Video available: Home Butt Lift Workout with ankle weights – YouTube
- Leg raises are lower ab exercises performed from a face-up position on the floor.
- With the ankle weights securely fastened, place your hands at your sides and lift your legs 6 inches off the floor.
- In a smooth motion, raise your legs until your body forms a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly lower them and repeat for 15 to 20 reps.
- If you feel stress on your lower back while doing this exercise, place your hands under your butt.
20. Hanging Exercises [Tweet]
Video available: How to Do Hanging Leg Raises Abs Exercise Tutorial
- Find a set of good horizontal bars. Look out in gymnasiums or parks to get one.
- The horizontal bars should be located high enough so that they can support your entire length.
- Your feet should be kept at least 1 foot away from the floor while hanging.
- Bend your knees a bit if your body is not able to extend completely.
- Makes sure your body is able to hang freely.
- Your palms should face the direction opposite you when hanging.
- Try to stay in the same posture as when you are doing your push-ups, your palms facing away from you.
- Hold the v-bars properly and tightly.
- Relax and make your body free and loose.
- Gravity starts acting on your body to pull it and hence, stretches it.
Sit with a straight spine legs out in front.
Bend one knee and bring the foot up the inner leg to rest as high up on the inner thigh as is comfortable.
Turn your torso to face your straight leg.
Lean your chest out over the straight leg and your bring your head towards the knee.
26.Beach Volleyball [Tweet]
Finally, if you think this post helpful, please share it on facebook. Let’s help more people grow taller!