Everyone can benefit from exercises, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability. Regular exercise gives us more energy and makes us feel better. When it comes to growing taller, do you know what are the best exercises?
- Exercise controls your weight.
A person will look shorter than his real height if he is overweight. This is because too much fat will increase the amount of force being pressed down on you and exert more pressure on the disks between the vertebrate. Curvature of the spine makes you look short. Reference the height and weight chart to see if your weight is decreasing your height.
- Exercise speeds up your metabolism.
Research shows that high-intensity exercise delivers a bigger, longer rise in resting metabolic rate than low- or moderate-intensity workouts. Aerobic exercise will deliver more oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and help your body produce more HGH to boost your height.
- Exercise helps you sleep better.
Sleeping hours and quality have a big effect on one’s height. Are you still struggling to fall asleep? Exercise can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. According to the study published in the October issue of the journal Sleep Medicine:
“The increase in self-reported sleep duration by 1.25 hours in the exercise plus sleep hygiene education group is higher than what has been reported for other non-pharmacological interventions for insomnia.”
- Exercises makes you tall and slim.
Leg-lengthening exercises can get you longer legs. Stretching exercises can straightening and lengthening your spine. Regular physical activity makes you a tall guy.
What are the best exercises to increase height?
Exercise to stretch your neck
- Stand against a wall. Pull the upper back and head back until the back of the head touches the wall.
- Hold the head against the wall for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this ten times.
- This exercise can be done 5 to 7 times per day.
- Lie face down on the floor with your hands by your sides and palms down on the floor.
- Keeping your neck in a neutral position. Gently lift the forehead only a few inches of the floor. At the same time extended your hands upwards and to the rear.
- Hold the position for 2 – 3 seconds then release back down to the floor.
- Stand with your back up against a wall.
- Place the elbows, forearms and the backs of the hands and fingers on the wall with wrists about shoulder height.
- Keeping the arms, hands, head and fingers all touching the wall as best possible, slowly slide the hands up above the head and slowly back down.
- Repeat this 10 times, 3 to 5 times per day.
Exercise to stretch your back
Prone Press Up
- Lying on your stomach. Bend the elbows underneath you and put your arms flat on the surface.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Slowly lift your upper torso as high as you are comfortable with your hips and pelvis in contact with the surface.
- Relax your back.
Back Extension Stretch
- Standing upright with your hands on hips.
- Slowly arch the lower back with the chest slightly leaning backwards.
- When done right, your lower and mid back area will feel comfortable.
- Sit back on your hands and knees with your buttocks resting on your heels.
- Put your hands forward to lengthen your spine. Your middle back should have a feeling of stretching.
- You can also reach your hands to either side to stretch the opposite side of your spine.
- Hold for 10-30 seconds and then repeat 2-3 times.
Exercise to stretch your hips
Lunging Hip Flexor Stretch
- Squat down with one foot far behind other foot. Keep your shoulders relaxed and reach the top of your head for the sky.
- Straighten your back leg by pushing hips down and forward.
- Hold for 30 seconds as you breathe deeply.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Sit on the floor with soles of your feet pressed together. Bend your knees to the sides as far as you are comfortable.
- Gently lean forward with your upper body from your hips.
- Grasp your feet with your hands and continue to push your knees toward the floor.
Exercise to stretch your legs and knees.
- Sit on the floor with your left leg straight in front of you.
- Bend the right knee and place the sole of your right foot against your left inner thigh.
- Fold over your left leg and try to keep your back straight.
Standing Quadriceps Stretch
- Stand and touch the wall to keep your balance.
- Grasp your top ankle with your hand.
- Pull ankle to rear end with by moving knee backward.
- Hold for 10-30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
More info about how to get longer legs, read this post.
Other grow taller sports recommended
Sprints can do wonders on your height. Try to do 3 to 4 sprints a week as this exercise is great in lengthening your legs and helps your glands to release more growth hormones in your body. Moreover, sprints are a HIIT (high intensity interval training) and it takes 10-15 minutes utmost and so even if you are a busy person it can still work for you. Sprinting is very beneficial but strenuous and so you should ensure enough rest. You can do short sprints few days a week and still get awesome results.
Kicking is one of the most effective exercises to grow taller. The effect is that each kick adds more pressure on your thigh bone hence lengthening it. Kicks are very easy to do and they don’t require any equipment. You can do the basic snap kick by extending one leg and snapping out a kick. To do this successfully, the extended leg should be leveled off the ground for about 2-3 feet and the kick itself should be quick. However, don’t put too much force on the kick to avoid pain. What kick does is that it targets your thighs and helps in gaining a little bit of extra height from the kick.
This is a great and easy exercise such as jumping rope. For effective jumping, jump on and off the bench with both legs. Start out slowly and ensure proper execution and jump in such a way that that you feel safe when doing it.
Do you love cycling? Cycling is an exercise that will target your thighs. For better results, increase the seat of your bike and the handle bars and start cycling. This can be great as you will be able to grow taller through this exercise.
Ankle weighs can help stretch the cartilage between your knees to lengthen your leg.
Combine exercises with a healthy diet
Having a healthy diet is very important and should be maintained. You should stick to healthy diets such as protein, calcium, amino acids, calories, carbohydrates, zinc, vitamin D and many more. This will help your body to continue replenishing and renewing itself and grow to the full potential height.
The above amazing exercises can help you grow taller fast and naturally. What should you do next? Make a to-do list and follow this list consistently. Don’t expect the results coming out soon. Always keep a positive mindset. Following these exercises will increase your height and make you more attractive and confident.